This year Hercule Poirot turns 100, and my friend Giulietta over at the Liberi di Scrivere blog is launching a blogathon to celebrate this event. I will be lending a hand both on my Italian blog strategie evolutive and here on Karavansara.
Sp yes, if you feel like joining in, drop a line in the comments or go over at Giulietta’s place and sign up in her comments.
Here’s the official call…
Hercule Poirot turns 100 this year. He first appeared in The Mysterious Affair at Styles in 1920, when London-based publisher John Lane, co-founder with Charles Elkin Mathews of Bodley Head publishing house, decided to publish it in the United States.
For Agatha Christie, it was the beginning of one of the most incredible literary careers imaginable, and even today her books appear in the top positions on sales charts all over the world.
Much of her success is due to Poirot, a former Belgian police officer who fled to England due to the First World War and became the world’s most famous private investigator.
To celebrate Poirot, and his author, Liberi di Scrivere announces the launch of THE HERCULE POIROT CENTENARY BLOGATHON
- Each blogger can write an article in which he talks about a novel or a story in which Poirot is the protagonist or a theme of their choice: like Poirot in the cinema, Poirot in comics, Poirot in the kitchen etc …
- Each blogger is invited to talk about a different book / topic.
- A link to this launch post will be included in the post to be published.
- The Blogathon will take place on Monday 12th October 2020. Each blogger will post their article on that date.
- You are all invited to participate, leave a comment with the name of your blog, the url and the chosen topic, you will be added to our list. The more we are, the more fun it will be. If you want clarifications or more information you can contact me at my email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.