I mentioned NaNoWriMo, in a previous post.
I will not be doing the NaNoWriMo – but this does not mean I do not respect and support the brave souls that give it a spin.
Way to go.
- get yourself a good writing software: I am partial to Scrivener that usually is available at a discount in this time of the year (you find a link in the sidebar)
- get yourself the free and excellent WorkRave or a similar software that forces you to take pauses and do relaxation exercises
- stock tea and biscuits or your comfort food of choice
- tell naysayers to get lost
The reason I will not be doing the NaNoWriMo, now, is…
… I am about to try something I’ve been planning for quite a while now – I will try and write (and publish!!) a serial.
A proper serial, a sequence of stand-alone stories that will add up to a single larger story… the first season, hopefully, of a larger story.
I will do much of the planning, outlining and preliminary writing in November, and the first episode will be out in January – the idea is to do a monthly issue1.
Right now I am still putting all the bits and pieces together – I have the three main characters, I have the setting, I have much of what I need.
If you followed my recent posts you might also get a few ideas about what it’s going to be about, and stuff.
In the meantime, I will still have to write other stuff – I have one thriller story to deliver by December the 1st, various things connected with my Italian crowdsourcing project from last summer, odds and ends.
Plus my regular series work – we don’t want to leave Buscafusco, the Corsair and Aculeo & Amunet lagging behind.
So, no NaNoWriMo.
But best wishes to all those that will try it.
- as usual, much as I’d like to be, I am not master of my time – paying the bills and putting bread on the table might take precedence. But I am quite motivated. ↩